What is the Rosa Parks PTA?
The Parent Teach Association (PTA) is a schoolwide organization dedicated to improving the experience of all students and families at Rosa Parks Elementary School.
We meet one evening each month in the cafeteria. Soup's on at 5:30pm, General Meeting at 6:00, childcare can be arranged if needed.
Everyone is welcome!
Our projects include:
- Spearheading the design and completion of our new gardens
- Winning the EcoZone "Green My School" prize
- Holding workdays to help clean up the school grounds and classrooms
- Planting trees around the grounds by raising $5000 with Friends of the Urban Forest
- Providing classroom supplies for our classroom teachers
- Funding a Garden Coordinator to work with the staff and kids
- Holding the Fall BBQ and family fun day
- Running the weekly Wednesday Food Bank for our community
Join us to find out how YOU can make Rosa Parks a great school for students, teachers, and staff!
Sign up for the Rosa Parks PTA Google Group to hear what's going on.
Upcoming PTA meetings and minutes from past meetings.
If you have any additional questions, email Rosa.Parks.SF.PTA@gmail.com.
Donating to the Rosa Parks PTA
Many corporations offer to match charitable donations. When you donate to the Rosa Parks PTA, please inquire whether your company will match the donation. The following information is normally needed to make the request:
Rosa Parks Elementary School PTA 501(c)(3)
1501 O'Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Treasurer, Rosa Parks Elementary School PTA
PTA Leadership Team 2013-2014
Left to right: Teressa Gardiner, secretary; Anne Amis, treasurer, Ted Tilles, president; Rani Spudich, vice-president; Bob Smolenski, vice-president; Matthew Dahlman, secretary.