What is the Rosa Parks PTA?
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a school-wide organization dedicated to improving the experience of all students and families at Rosa Parks Elementary School.
We meet on the second Tuesday each month in the cafeteria. Soup's on at 5:45 pm, General Meeting at 6:00 pm. Childcare and dinner are provided.
Everyone is welcome!
Our projects include:
- Spearheading the design and completion of our new gardens
- Winning the EcoZone "Green My School" prize
- Holding workdays to help clean up the school grounds and classrooms
- Planting trees around the grounds by raising $5000 with Friends of the Urban Forest
- Providing classroom supplies for our classroom teachers
- Funding Garden Coordinators to work with the staff and kids
- Monthly Salad Days, preparing and serving salad to all students and staff
- Holding the Fall BBQ and family fun day
- Annual Readathon to get kids excited about reading
- Black History Month celebrations
- Halloween Dance, Movie Nights and more!
Join us to find out how YOU can make Rosa Parks a great school for students, teachers, and staff!
Minutes to previous meetings:
Sign up for the Rosa Parks PTA Google Group to hear what's going on.
If you have any additional questions, email Rosa.Parks.SF.PTA@gmail.com.
Donating to the Rosa Parks PTA
Many corporations offer to match charitable donations. When you donate to the Rosa Parks PTA, please inquire whether your company will match the donation. The following information is normally needed to make the request:
Rosa Parks Elementary School PTA 501(c)(3)
1501 O'Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Treasurer, Rosa Parks Elementary School PTA
PTA Leadership Team 2015-2016
President: Anne Amis
Vice-President: Paul Rainville
Treasurer: Andrea Dublin
Secretary: Florencia Cudos
Historian: Sergio Navarro-Durán
Parliamentarian - Zachariah Jefferson
Auditor: Ted Tilles